Sunday, November 16, 2008

Adoption News!!!

A quick update on our adoption process. On Friday night when we got home from our social at church we had a message on our answering machine that our tentative date for our first "home" study is this coming Saturday!! I put home in quotes because it is an interview at the agency's facilities. Then on Saturday we got a formal invitation to the next step which is the two-day seminar!! Things are starting to move along here!! After that is the second home study where they actually come to the house. I do not know how long it will be from seminar date to second home study date. When the second home study is done, we are in the book!! YEAH!!! Then it's time to wait, and then wait, and more than likely wait some more. We'll need lots of prayers then because i'm not a patient person. :)

And since this blog is really supposed to be about Mitchell, here is a cute picture of him I took on Tuesday. My friend R and I have been on the MOPS Steering Team together for the past two years. Her son Hunter (the smurfiest one) and Mitchell are 6 weeks apart. Here lately we have been arriving at church for MOPS activities at the same time. Mitchell and Hunter have been walking into the building holding hands and it's absolutely adorable! I had my camera with me, so I snapped a pic.



I guess you were right Shannon! I managed to get this on here, just a few days later than planned. :)

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Hurray! Great news on the adoption process progress!

And the two fellas are adorable!!!

La- said...

YAY on the adoption news! That is so cool!! And that is an adorable picture of the boys!!

La-

SuzyQ said...

Congrats on the adoption news! I am so excited for you! If you ever need to chat I am here for ya!

What a cute pic of the little guys!

Riley and Rebekah said...

yeah for the progress!!! I will be praying that it continues to go quickly and that you will have a sweet baby in your arms soon! Of course you know what that will mean don't you...more pics to send the crazy aunt bekah who can't get enough of the little ones!

Tell Mitchell he has to stop growing for a while...he's just becoming a little man too fast!

Lisa said...

Aww that picture is just precious. Wonderful news about the adoption process moving along. Fingers are staying crossed for you.

3 Girl Mommy said...

I knew that pic was going to be sooo adorable when you took it! :) They are just the cutest!!

Glad things are moving along for your adoption. I'll be praying for ya'll!!