Yesterday we went to the Arboretum with Amber & cousin Aidan, friends Carrie & Lydia and Holly & Ellie. Josiah was at Mothers Day Out which was a shame since him and Mitchell would've had a blast! Thanks to my Dad who allowed us to use his tickets from work!! The theme for this years Bloom Festival was storybooks, right up this Library Science mom's alley. My absolute favorite house was the Little Prince house which was just very cool. I wish I had gotten a picture of what it looked like on the outside, but I didn't. I did get some good pictures inside though. There were other stories represented like The Owl and the Pussycat, Dr. Suess' One Fish Two Fish, Alice in Wonderland, The Mitten, Peter Pan, and Eragon. While the houses were very cool, and Mitchell loved running through them (except Treasure Island. He HATED it for some reason) it was a little diappointing that they didn't incorporate more flowers. When Mitchell and I went two years ago, everything had flowers and it was so cute! But still the tulips were so pretty and there were a bunch of other flowers I couldn't name that were absolutely gorgeous! And the picnic area we ate in was so pretty and the weather was so nice the whole time we were there. As you can see Mitchell was able to change into shorts and of course I had to dress him in the Argyle polo I bought him for my birthday. And there are yellow stripes in the plaid shorts, you just can't see them.
In the covered wagon in the Texas Pioneer area
In the covered wagon in the Texas Pioneer area
One Fish, Two Fish area- One of Mitchell's favorite since it had a big area to run around in.
The Little Prince's House. It was too cool!
Mommy & Mitchell
Cousins
And the beautiful tulips!

When we got home there was a package on the doorstep waiting for us! It was a package from my Freaky Friend Dorothy who lives in Japan where her husband is stationed. All the Scrapfreaks know my favorite Disney character is Stitch and she had found Stitch stuff in Japan. I got two towels, and Mitchell got the cutest little lunch box, Stitch utensils, and Stitch Chopsticks! WAY TOO COOL!! I tried to teach MItchell how to use them, but I had no clue. So We had fun fishing for Cheerios that fit perfectly on the end of the stick. He also enjoyed using them as drumsticks.



2 comments:
The Aboretum looks so beautiful and fun! Do they have a Bloom Festival every year? Maybe Mitchell can take Baby Hope sometime! That would be fun! It looks like nice warm spring weather in the pictures...I miss the Texas spring...it's kind of warming up here.
I love that he's using them to fish for Cheerios! That's what my Noah does too! :)
Love all the spring photos! Looks like you guys had a fun day!
Post a Comment