For the last month and a half life has been crazy around this household. We found out we were pregnant which was a HUGE shock for us since getting pregnant is not something that is easy for us. We went in for the 8 week sonogram and found out that the pregnancy was incomplete. In other words, there was no baby where there was supposed to be a baby. It was devastating, or as Matthew put it, a real kick in the gut. However, before we found out about the miscarriage we decided that it was time to upgrade the house since we didn't have to worry about a home study anymore. We stumbled upon a house that looks like our dream house from the outside but sat on a little less than a half acre. Matthew grew up in a house that has an acre, so it's not *quite* the dream house for him, plus we're not to keen on a two-story house. To make a really, really long story short...we bought the house and we are moving in June. It's about three miles from our current house and I couldn't be more excited. It has a HUGE pantry and those three windows at the top are a playroom for Mitchell, his buddies, and any future siblings. And his future room is already painted to match his bedspread. And as you can see from the pictures, the house is at the front of the land, so the back is absolutely HUGE and provides enough room for Mitchell (and Matthew) to run around to their hearts content. Molly the dachshund is a little miffed though because there is no doggie door for her and Duke. We may have to remedy that soon. But I'm sure that Molly will love her new domain because she is THE dachshund diva and is the one that is really in charge.
Our current house:
Our New House:



Also, I've finished up my practicum and should get my grade soon. All systems should be go for graduation. There is still a bit of doubt in my mind that I have done something wrong, but the portfolio has been passed and everything is turned in to my prof, so I think it's just me ready to have concrete proof I am graduating. This means a new house, a new life
without school, and ending a two-year MOPS steering team commitment will happen all this month. Talk about your new beginnings. I'm ready to start over in many ways and be a true stay-at-home mom to Mitchell for awhile.
6 comments:
it looks so beautiful!! congratulations!!
Its a beautiful house!!!
Your current house is very cute, but the new house is beautiful!!
Congrats on the new home...Sorry to hear about the loss though...I went through the same thing a few years ago...Keep the faith!:)
what a beautiful home Abby!!
How exciting! Your new house is beautiful and you will have tons of fun (and time) now to decorate it. Feel deeply for you and the baby disappointment. Keep your faith in God and HIS timing!
Post a Comment