Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cupcake Cones

***Warning Picture heavy!***

For Mitchell's birthday I want to do Cupcake Cones and I know waiting until the party to do the first batch of cones spells d-i-s-a-s-t-e-r! Enlisting the help of Mitchell, we made them together. Lots of fun for us even though Mitchell did get bored there for awhile.

I tried to teach Mitchell how to crack an egg. Probably a bit of a dangerous thing for me to do with an almost-three-year old, but I thought what the heck? So I tried teaching him and he did well. He was afraid to really hit the egg on the side, so he'd just tap it. Then he'd say "It don't work" and put it back in the carton and get a new egg. Finally I broke them for him.

Next step: putting the Funetti mix into the mix.
Then the 1/3 cup oil
Then the eggs
Now we get to watch it mix!
Then let's fill the cones!!

Then place in the oven and VOILA!! Cupcakes in an ice cream cone!

Of course the cones need to be frosted! Gotta make the frosting! Stirring marshmallows, vanilla, and butter in a make-shift double-boiler. I stepped away long enough to get the pic.

All done! Now we get to frost! Make sure you don't lick the chocolate frosting while frosting the cupcakes. Your mommy may make you stop and get cleaned up!We gotta have some sprinkles!! ALL DONE!! That's a "Fine Mommy! Take the dang picture, I want my cupcakes!" look.
YUM!!It's so good!!Ellie gives them two thumbs up!


Mitchell and Hunter loved them! The funniest thing about the cupcake cones was Josiah was not keen on the cone part, so he literally picked out the cake finger by finger. Just dug it right out!

3 comments:

Cricket said...

I want a cupcake cone!! :D

How cute and such great pics...will make an awesome layout!!

Blessings,

La- said...

How fun!! WHat a great together time for you guys!! :)

daizie said...

i LOVE that you taught him how to do the eggs & let him help so much with the making of the cupcake cones & the icing & everything!! that is awesome!! you are such a good mommy Abs!!