Friday, January 29, 2010

Like Father, Like Son

Like I said in my earlier post Mitchell wears his Superman cape everywhere and makes Matthew put Mitchell's Batman cape on when he gets home from work. I finally got pictures. Sorry about how dark one is.



The other day Mitchell was playing with his friend Hunter and Hunter asked him what his Daddy's name was. Mitchell just looked confused and said "Batman." I wanted so hard to laugh, but couldn't because I didn't want to upset Mitchell. The other day in the car Mitchell told me my name was now Mommy and Daddy was named Daddy.

Fast forward to right before dinner tonight. Mitchell told us once again our names were Mommy and Daddy. And we told him that yes, we were his mommy and daddy, but our real names were Abby and Matthew. He shook his head no. Then we told him his cousin Sierra was going to call us "Aunt Abby" and "Uncle Matthew." He just looked at us and then laughed and grinned and said "No, she'll call you Mommy and Daddy!" We laughed and dropped it.

No comments: