We had some bad weather today which meant that we couldn't go outside and Daddy is out of town which meant that we didn't really get a break or a nice transition to evening. So I remembered a few things on Pinterest that I had wanted to try. The first thing was putting up crepe paper to create a spiderweb to throw balls through, but it was a bit of a bust. Don't use hard balls or find tougher crepe paper than the Wally World special.
Then Mitchell wanted to do a craft of sorts and Laura started yelling "I do craft with Mitchell!" over and over again. I had pinned a paper plate stingray and Mitchell, of course, wanted to do that. Turns out the pin is to a Tumblr account full of sea creature paper plate crafts. Luckily I had a stack in the pantry for some reason and of course I had a bunch of other craft items for them to use. Mitchell started out with a turtle.
Laura had fun creating the creatures even if the colors weren't quite right, Mitchell is pretty creative with certain things, but Laura is more bold when it comes to putting colors together.
Z hung out in his chair and played with a puzzle, safely away from any paints and paintbrushes.
I even decided to get out from behind the camera and made my own stingray!
We finally finished after the little ones went to bed. Mitchell is pretending to "swim" with his creatures."Mommy I have to hold this one far away because He'll eat me."


No comments:
Post a Comment