Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Kool-Aid Playdough!

It's the REAL first day of summer for us because it's the first day since school let out that we didn't have to be anywhere. So I celebrated this by making Kool-Aid playdough with the kiddos. I had pinned quite a few playdough recipes and found a recipe from  The 36th Avenue blog had a recipe that was absolutely perfect. This recipe allows you to "hide" the color from the kids until you pour the water in it so it has the added bonus of being a surprise for them. Some colors were easy to identify, like green, but a couple of the others were harder. The red looks like it's black, so that's what Mitchell guessed. Laura was very happy when it turned out to be red.
Laura LOVED it so much that when we played Princesses before Quiet Hour we made pretend playdough and she always asked it "What color do you think it'll be?" and squealed out a color when I "poured" the water on the playdough. 
What Color do you think it is?!
 It's Green!!
 The four colors we made. The blue was very soft, so I'd suggest using two packages. The red also had black specks throughout. It bothered me more than the kids.
 Laura made "mermanaid" legs, so I made the rest at her request.
 And of course, she also made herself a tiara.
 Mitchell wanted me to take a picture of him & his "piece of resistance". 
 When you're done playing,  each color dough fills up 6-2 oz. Containers

No comments: