Today has not bee the best of days for me. I've been feeling completely overwhelmed with everything on my plate and feeling like I'm missing out on special moments with Mitchell because I have to study, or work on crafts projects for MOPS. God, obviously, knew this and gave me one of those special moments tonight. While Daddy was watching "Big" George (since Curious George totally rules the TV at our house) Mitchell climbed in his toy box for some fun throwing toys out. I grabbed the camera to capture the moment.
When I got close to the toybox Mitchell hugged my legs and tried to drag me in saying, "Mommy, Mommy." I asked him if he wanted me to sit in there with him and he nodded his head and said yes. Here he is trying to push me down into the toybox.
So I climbed in and yelled for Matthew to pause Big George (thank goodness for DVR) and come get a picture and then to come get me out! I quickly realized that there was no way I was getting out on my own. You can also tell I wasn't having a good day because I'm wearing one of my pregnancy shirts, hence the bagginess of the shirt. Matthew wasn't to thrilled because my foray into the toybox broke the bottom. But honestly, not that bad!!!
Of course the dachshund diva could not be left out.
On another note....
I've been trying to get a decent picture of this guy (or one of his friends) for months! He's real skittish and either Mitchell announces our arrival to soon or the ducks quack and freak him out. But today I was able to sneak away and grab this shot of the egret. I'm going to make a scrapbook page of all the wildlife that can be found at our local park and now I have them all captured on film!!

6 comments:
I am so glad you had a good time with Mitchell today! Just remember that Gods not going to give you more then you can handel. Just trust him for His strength to get you through this time!!
who cares if you broke the toy box...you won't forget that moment with Mitchell...who by the way is getting soooo big, too fast!! I'm going to need alot of aunt Bekah time when I come home in December!
Too funny that you got stuck in the toybox. Good thing DH was home. LOL
Sorry you almost got stuck but I love this!!! Thanks for always sharing. :-)
I'm right there with you on the girlie don't get dirty thing. I'm the crazy mom with the wipes and sanitizer and setting them up on the sink to wash feet, legs and hands after McD, BK, C-f-A playing. ICK!! Getting stuck in the toy box....that's great!! :)
First, I absolutely love your drowned rats! ; )
Second, I was so wishing that I could be a fly on the wall to see you in the toy box, and then...scroll down a bit and I got my wish! You are a great mom! Miss seeing you on a regular basis, my friend! ; )
Post a Comment