Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fun with Fuffkins (Pumpkins)

With the heavy thunderstorms expected today I had a couple of pumpkin projects for Mitchell and I to do. I've been at a loss here recently with being sick and all the rain for things to do besides watching Handy Manny or Imagination Movers for the 100th time.

Mitchell helping scoop out the pumpkin seeds. Why he decided to use a 1/2 teaspoon is beyond me, yet he went searching for it. He didn't last real long. I did most of the gutting.
I bought a kit at Target for $3.99 that had lite brite type pegs to stick into the pumpkin, a mallet, and an electric candle. Love that I can use this year after year!
When we were done Mitchell had created a pumpkin to look like Mover Scott (from Imagination Movers). The only thing missing is the long hair and the goatee.
While I was cleaning up the pumpkin seeds, Mitchell introduced Pumpkin Mover Scott to the real Mover Scott in the episode where the movers grow a pumpkin so big they can't get it out of the warehouse. Mover Smitty wants to enter it into the Biggest Pumpkin contest at the fair.
A close-up shows the blue star which represents the blue ribbon Mover Scott wins in the Big Pumpkin episode.The solution to the problem is to forget about the biggest pumpkin contest and enter the best pumpkin pie contest which they win. So of course Mitchell wanted to bake a pumpkin pie. He's lucky I'm a baker and had the ingredients on hand because I had NOT planned on baking a pie today.After nap time we made Cinnamon pumpkin seeds. Mitchell helped out a lot! He helped grease the pan, added the salt, and the cinnamon. He did a very good job! YUMMY pumpkin seeds!
All three of our BIG pumpkin projects. He had a lot of fun creating them and made sure we blessed them all at dinner tonight!

1 comment:

Jmom said...

I am so impressed! Three big pumpkin projects accomplished! I am also glad that you are feeling better. See you soon!