Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Potty Training- Day one

I got tired of Mitchell being one of the last, if not the last, children at church not potty trained. He's been afraid of the potty and screams when you try to put him on there. However, recently whenever he has dirtied his diaper he'd insist we change it immediately. So he's been going through LOTS of diapers. I decided today was the day to start REALLY potty training. This morning it was a disaster! So I put a diaper on him and we ran errands which included story time at the Library. There I got a few children's books on PT and two videos, one starring Elmo. We also went to Wal-Mart where I let him choose his "motivation" for using the potty. The original idea was to get some candy, but Mitchell had oher plans. We came home with the Toy Story Bucket O Soldiers. And the biggest problem we've had so far is him upset because he can't pee in the potty. He hasn't been drinking enough liquid despite our efforts. But he's earned 8 soldiers for sitting on the potty and has earned one of the two parachute soldiers for actually going in the potty! YEAH!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

i have a little girl that i am having the same issues.. i love the idea of having a toy to sit with..
found your blog from scrapfreak..