Monday, March 29, 2010

Cupcakes!

For Mitchell's reward for going potty without any accidents for three days we got to make cupcakes. Not just ANY cupcakes, but BUZZ LIGHT*YEAR cupcakes. I basically stole the idea from my friends Bekah and Amy who made rainbow cake and cupcakes. Basically to make BL cupcakes you make a white cake mix and divide the batter into half. Then you get Wilton icing colors and tint the batter, in this case it was leaf green and sky blue. I took over the green while Mitchell took over the blue. Then once you think you have enough you stir it.
And you get some lovely colors. These turned out a bit more pastelly than I'd like, but really who cares? They'll taste the same. I told Mitchell that they were going to be more like Little Green Men or LGM cupcakes. Then you pour the batter into the cups. We layered the colors and then stirred them a little with toothpicks so we'd get a bit more of a tie-dye effect. We are nothing if a bit messy in this household. But what would you expect with a 3.5-year-old and a Mommy who makes a mess no matter how hard she tries to be neat.
Bake at 325 degrees for about 17 minutes and VOILA! You get pretty cupcakes. Excuse me, MANLY cupcakes. Mitchell was so happy with all of his cupcakes and they were VERY yummy!

1 comment:

~Holly~ said...

Great job Abby and Mitchell!
They look great, I should have the kids try it!

Tell Mitchell his scrapfreak aunties are proud of him!