Today we went out to a local Nature Museum and trails place about an hour away. We went with the Reckless Housewife (blog) and friend "Ann" and of course all their kiddos. It was nice to have Ann along because she was able to take hold of Mitchell when he went ahead of the group or needed some extra help. Preggo Mommy was dealing with enough just walking. Note to self: DRINK MORE WATER! You would not believe how swollen my hands were! But at least I got 2.5 miles of walking exercise in. Mitchell enjoyed himself and especially loved seeing all the turtles sunbathing themselves.
Of course this is Texas in the middle of March, so the scenery is really not at it's best. The trail around the large marsh/pond was the best. There were some parts where a little stream trickled through and Mitchell is staring here at a small little "waterfall".

Ann's oldest tried carrying Mitchell piggyback, but Mitchell had other ideas. It didn't last long because Mitchell decided he was through. I appreciated the try though!

One of the few shots I got of the turtles. This is my favorite because the baby turtle is on the back of the mommy turtle. If I had had my better camera with the extended lens I would have gotten a much better shot!

Mitchell and the youngest of the Reckless Housewife's kiddos. They were looking at tracks in the mud.

Mitchell roaring at a stuffed bison. He took the cue from Ann's youngest child. They were too funny roaring at the stuffed animal.

Perhaps Mitchell's favorite thing to do was look at the rocks through a magnifying glass. He sat there for a long time looking at this one crystal rock that had a bit of purple in it.

My favorite thing in the museum! Look at how big it is!! I *heart* Amethyst! And once again if I had had my nice camera the picture probably would've looked better!
1 comment:
i loved the last picture..i like looking at things like that! Drink more water!!!
Post a Comment