I was so proud of Matthew for taking our finiky point-n-shoot camera without me asking him too. He got some good pictures.
Their tent and camp area.
They found a baby bird that had fallen out of it's nest into the road and tried to rescue it. The girls named it Charcoal. They got it to drink water somehow, but it wouldn't eat. So it died and the kids held a funeral without the Dad's knowing.
I asked Mitchell about it after he came home.
Me: I heard you found a bird.Mitchell:Yes, but it died.
Me: I'm sorry
Mitchell: That's okay. It's not you. It's himself.
So here is one of the Dad's showing Mitchell the bird.A close-up of Charcoal.
Here is G.R. very proud of the worms to go fishing with in the morning or that night. That's a lot of worms you wouldn't catch me holding at one time. The one going on my hook is enough for me!
Mitchell preparing minnows to go fishing and then having fun fishing with Daddy.
Walking through the campsite with his friends.
Mitchell playing catch with D and Ab. He liked playing with the "older women." You gotta watch this boy. You'll also notice Ab has the Big Buzz Lightyear who also went on his first camping trip and is relatively unharmed. A few new scratches, but he is owned by a three-year-old. All the kiddos with big smiles on their faces, except Mitchell who thought a frown was in order. I think he's already tired of taking pictures in his short lifetime.

2 comments:
FUN TIME!
Wish my cuties could have joined them. Looks like it was a great time. Maybe next year!
Post a Comment