Friday, June 25, 2010

Duck

A couple of posts ago I told you about Mitchell's imaginary dog named Duck. I can't figure out why the dog is named Duck and Mitchell's answers are kind of funny. He once said because Duck made Duck noises, but today he told me Duck doesn't quack. Duck has consistently been Black & White until today when Mitchell added Brown and a hint of red. It's also been said that Duck is Molly's Daddy, but Duck is a big dog and Molly is a pure dachshund. Duck is also a good Duck and bad Duck; you just never know which one will show up. Duck also has a tendency to die a lot, but he always comes back. I thought Mitchell slightly understood what died meant when Duke died in November, but apparently not.

Mitchell giving Duck a bone. Mitchell was a little upset that Duck was not coming for his bone.So when we went inside I took the bone in without Mitchell's knowledge and threw it away. He was excited Duck got his bone, but at first wanted to see where the bone had gone. I bought real black chalk and Mitchell had me draw a picture of Duck. My first one looked like a sheep, so Mitchell had to show me how big Duck is.
Please excuse the crummy drawing of Duck. I'm no artist. As you can see Duck now has brown legs and paws because Molly has brown legs. The evil looking red eye and tongue hanging out was completely my fault. I tried to add blue water droplets to show the panting, but I don't think it translated. But Mitchell insisted the mouth be red because the inside of his mouth is red. I have no idea about the eye being red. And Duck has red on his belly because of a bug.

No comments: