Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Regular Day

Today we had no places we had to be or errands to run, so we spent the cool part of the day outside playing in the sandbox and chalk drawing on the sidewalk. Mitchell even got to spend most of the morning in his pjs. As usual, I had to draw a Batman symbol and a Superman symbol first. Mitchell drew a BIG hungry caterpillar and it took him a little while to get it "just right."

He also decided that chalk was much more fun when you used it to draw on yourself so you can become a Monster. He was very intent on how he should look. He did a great job of cleaning himself up without Mommy's help or even Mommy reminding him to do it.

I asked Mitchell to draw me a picture of Duck, his imaginary dog. Duck is an either small or large black & white dog that is not a dalmation. He had no problem with that except we have no black chalk. We only had gray chalk which Mitchell informed me was NOT black. So we got the White Only verison. As far as I can tell, looks just like Duck.

I also continued my cleaning up Cabbage Patch Kids project. I have now cleaned the bodies of all 9 CPKs. There is one slight, quite ugly, problem. I used stain remover on the stains like I was supposed to and it got rid of the dinginess of the dolls, but not the bad stains. It also gave them unsightly brown marks where the stain remover did not make it. Clothes will hide them all. One thing is for sure, Laura will not need any dolls, but clothes will be a need. All the clothes are not the original colors anymore and have elastic issues.

Apparently 80s dolls came with their own Mom High-waisted Jeans. Micheal Frost looks great sporting this look, don't you think?
Here are Rebecca and Beverly Claire getting tans (aka drying out) on the front porch. No need to worry about tan lines! Can't you see the lovely lines on them?

Tonight was the big night Matthew has been waiting for. He gets to see a "real" (in his opinion) baseball team play at the ballpark. The Pirates are in town for interleague play and he took Mitchell with him. I tracked down a Pirates shirt for Mitchell to wear and came from WV courtesy of a friendly freak. It's a bit large on him, but that's okay he can wear it for many years to come and that was my plan.

No comments: