I've had to change the name of the blog because we've had a new addition to the family! Mitchell is no longer an only child! His baby sister Laura was born last wednesday and she fits right into the family. She was surprisingly born with lots of black hair making her Gramps a happy Grandparent. There was some confusion about her birth weight. Apparently something was wrong with the scale in the L&D area and it said she weighed 5 lbs 7.6 ounces. She was definitely tiny, but she didn't seem THAT tiny! The next morning she weighed in at 6 lbs 9 ozs. Still tiny but more like it!
Here she is soon after being born and all cleaned up! In this photo she reminds me a lot of Mitchell. I love how her hair is all messed up and you can tell how much she really has.

Mitchell meeting his baby sister for the first time. He was excited to finally see she found her way outside mommy's tummy. He'd been asking every morning for weeks if she was coming out soon.

Baby girl already has her Daddy wrapped around her finger. I looked over and saw Daddy and her just having good bonding time and had to get the picture.

Weighing in at just 5 lbs, 15 ounces when we left the hospital her car seat looks absolutely HUGE. People were passing us on the highway home because Daddy was driving extra slow.

Mitchell is soooo excited to be a big brother. He wants to hold her all the time and gives her lots of kisses. In the morning he'll come downstairs and want to see "his baby" and makes sure that everyone around him is properly introduced to "Laurla". Today he ran an errand with Daddy and Uncle Jason and told Jason that he hasn't been to see Laura recently and Aunt Emma (his wife) has and Jason hasn't said she was cute. So he made Jason come in the house and hold Laura before he could leave.
First nght home. Can't you tell that Mitchell is going to be the best big brother ever?!

Miss Molly is not that happy we brought home another baby, but is tolerating her so far. We'll see what happens when Laura starts to move around and crawl! First night home and I got to give Laura her first bath at home! I don't think I ever gave Mitchell a bath when he was this small. Laura was NOT happy about it at all.

Finally a family of four!
3 comments:
she's precious! you have a beautiful family!
Congrats! So happy that Mitchell is loving being a big brother.
I am so happy for you guys! I cna't wait to get my hands on Laura!
Post a Comment