Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Superhero Day

Mitchell has developed a love for the Justice League because his Daddyy is a big Batman fan. Of course, Mitchell's favorite is Batman, but he also likes Superman, The Flash, and Green Lantern. Yesterday and this morning was all about the Green Lantern. I made him a Green Lantern ring out of chipboard and ribbon from my scrap supply and blew up a green balloon and drew the green lantern symbol on it as his "lantern." Hours of fun for him yesterday. I don't know how many different times Memama and I were blasted with some type of green ray yesterday. This morning the ring just wouldn't cut it. He wanted me to make him a green lantern suit. So I grabbed his black pants from last winter that still fit and a Steelers shirt as the outfit. Then I used more paper from my scrap supply to make the green part on the top. The green boots were just his Veggietales crocs.

Yes I do realize the symbol is actually wrong on the ring. I have since learned that the lines rest on the circle. Did not realize that until yesterday when Mitchell pointed it out after we looked online at the Green Lantern costume Ryan Reynolds is wearing in the 2011 movie.Gramps had bought Mitchell a new Batman costume when he saw us cut up Mitchell's old one because it had gotten too small and Mitchell still wanted the "globes" and underwear. It came in this week and Memama brought it out with her today. Mitchell LOVED it!! He would've literally flipped over it if he knew how to, so he settled with a Batman twist jump.

No comments: