This past week Matthew took some time off and we finally made it down to Fredericksburg where my parents own a B&B. Normally kids are not allowed to go, but since my parents own the joint, they made an exception. ;)
We packed a lot into the two days we were there, including our first trip to the ER for one of the kiddos. Rest assured, it's a long story, but Zachary is fine and it was precautionary trip and it was to the ER because there is no Urgent Care facility in Fredericksburg, But now we know two things: 1. Never travel without the nebulizer (which we brought, thank goodness) and 2. Never travel without the humidifier (which we did not bring, but hot water in the shower works in a pinch).
On the way there we stopped in Llano to see the Bald Eagle nest there. I have been seriously lacking in teaching Mitchell the finer parts of American History because he had no clue as to why seeing Bald Eagles & their nest was so cool. He was more interested in the barbed wire fence. But he did pose for a picture for Mommy anyways.

The first day we were there we went to the Enchanted Rock. Matthew took Z halfway up in the Bjorn and I was in charge of Laura, who insisted on carrying her sippy cup the whole way. I mainly carried her since the beginning is rocky, but where it was smooth she walked up with me firmly holding her hand and standing behind her. But because of Z's nose, we stopped halfway and I got Z in the Bjorn to go down while the rest made it to the top. So proud of my kiddos!!After that it was a nap and then the trip to the ER.

There were gorgeous Bluebonnets near the rock, plus some clumps of Cacti. I like this picture because it is typical of outings with Laura. You have to hold her back sometimes to save her from herself & her curiousity.

I'm a proud Mommy of Three!!

Thursday we shopped and Mommy got to actually shop at a REAL scrapbook store. Yes, that was a big highlight of my trip. It was a bit bittersweet though. It's going out of business so Mom can't shop for me there anymore, BUT everything was 40% off so I got a lot of stuff for a steal! We also made a stop at the WWII Pacific War Naval Museum and saw the plaque we got honoring my Paw Paw whole fixed planes on the Fiji Islands during the war. There were a few things outside the museum that the kids played on. Not sure if they were allowed to but there were no signs and no ropes, so that is a YES! to us.

Watch out! Laura is behind that ship's machine gun.

The sun was at an unfortunate angle, but that's Paw Paw plaque just to the left of Mitchell's head.

Then after naptime in four hours we managed to sneak in- a trip to a farm to pick fresh strawberries, a trip to the Wildseed Farm, a quick hike to a REAL Batcave, and dinner at a restaurant that is really in the middle of nowhere (but literally next door to the cave). Matthew and I were very impressed with ourselves since this could mean we've got the hang of 3 kids down.
The strawberry farm was the trickiest because that's where Z-Man decided to scream the whole time because he's not 100% fond of the bjorn AND Mommy bending over to pick strawberries. He'd rather be upright the whole time. Not to mention Laura just wasn't too impressed with the whole picking thing anyways and wanted to dance on the black cover instead and Mitchell wanted to pick & eat which was a strick no-no.




A VERY rare picture of all five of us at the Wildseed Farms. I had my sunglasses on, so I took them off. I still wear glasses. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment