Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ice & Surgery

It's Ice weather in Texas, and no I didn't accidentally leave off a N. Matthew and I woke up this morning to bad ice on the ground from a storm that suddenly moved in about 3 am. It wouldn't have been so bad if Matthew didn't have minor oral surgery this morning. The only good thing was Mitchell had spent the night with his Grandadders & Grandmama, so we didn't have to worry about him. But we didn't know if we could go get him after the surgery because doom & gloom was predicted for this afternoon. Lucky for us the weatherman was wrong & we were able to get Mitchell home this afternoon.

Well, Matthew's surgery went well and he is fine. One of his teeth's gum had receded pretty badly that he needed to get more. They had to put him under and he did pretty well with it. I had to go back to receive the instructions they gave him because he probably wouldn't remember them. He looked pretty groggy, but still he gave the nurse a look that said "I'm fine you idiot." When we got to the car I told him his sister had called and he called her and talked to her for about 3 or 4 minutes. Later on he argued with me that he had not talked to his sister all day. The ice had melted pretty well and he kept saying how he was amazed at how fast the ice melted. And he kept repeating the same stories over and over again, especially after his nap. Pretty funny, but I guess you'd have to be there. And man the way he walks is hysterical. Especially when he holds Mitchell. It's like a bow-legged Cowboy walk.

No comments: