Wednesday, March 14, 2007

29, Concert Memories, 500 & sitting??

29! I'm going to be 29 tomorrow. I think I'll stay 29 forever. Will that be okay? Now I've heard that the 30s are better than the 20s, but I'm not ready to challenge that theory yet. But I do know this, just looking back at periods of time in my 20s and I'm soooo glad they are over. Four years of infertility treatments and just mental anguish are over. Six months of undiagnosed joint pain over with and treatment of RA started. There were days when I had to get Matthew to turn the water off in the shower because I didn't have the strength. There were other times when I had to go to work with my hair unmade and half wet because I couldn't lift the hair dryer for long times. Thank goodness for Nancy Peters who would do my hair for me. But it's all over. I just hope that I can enjoy this last year of my 20s and my 30s hold no more medical surprises for my family.


Matthew and I went to the Audio Adrenaline/Mercy Me concert last thursday night with Jodie & Joel. We had a lot of fun and it was nice to spend a little time with just Jodie & Joel. Audio Adrenaline (AA) is having their farewell tour and it made us think of all the times we saw them in concert. We figured out that We all went to the same AA concert in high schoo/college, but didn't know each other. Matthew and I were dating at the time, but J&J didn't know each other or us yet. Kind of funny if you think about it. Anyways, the concert was a total blast and the lead singer of AA came out into the crowd to sing and was standing on seats just two rows in front of us. It was also a little sad because you could tell that the lead singers voice was pretty much gone and it was such a distinctive voice. Part of AA's greatness is the lead singers voice.


Matthew and I also got tickets to the Dallas Stars game last night (3-12) and were able to witness Mike Modano's 500th career goal. Very cool. It happened 34 seconds after another goal, so I practically missed it. But only 38 other NHL players have scored 500 goals in their career, so Mo joined an elite group he most certainly deserves to be a part of.

Here is a newer picture of my baby boy. Isn't he the cutest? Here's a picture of him sitting up on his own this past friday. Of course, he fell over about 30 seconds after I took the picture. He's playing with the hippo he got for Christmas. He was trying to pick it up so he could put it in his mouth, but it's a little too big! He's now into 6-9 month stuff and he isn't even 5 months old yet. The onesie he's wearing is one of my favorites. It's so soft. He's just growing so fast. He still doesn't roll over a lot, or scoot, but he still has time to do that. He really is a joy to have around and he loves to smile. One of the nursery workers at church calls him smiley.

No comments: