Thursday, March 29, 2007

Arboretum


Mitchell and I went to the Arboretum last saturday with some friends of mine and their children. Jodie & Jordan, who is 2.5, Darlene & Natalie, also 2, and Valerie & Cohen, 8 months. Mitchell was the only boy. We had lots of fun, but the kiddos defintely let us know when they were ready to go home. The first area we stopped at to take pictures was really beautiful, but I quickly discovered I had a problem I didn't account for. Mitchell cannot sit up on his own yet. So I either had to be in the picture, or one of my friend's kids had to be in the picture. But I don't know if you've been around 2 1/2 year olds. They don't tend to hold babies well. Valerie had no problem because Cohen can sit on her own. I also freaked Jordan out by pointing out the bugs on the flower. Oops. She really didn't have fun the rest of the afternoon. I feel really bad. Plus we all forgot sunscreen and sunglasses for the kiddos. Luckily the gift shop had cheap sunscreen, and we all got some to carry in child bags or diaper bags in mine & Valerie's case. My favorite part was the butterfly garden where the kids could become their own Anne Geddes picture. The pictures I took of Mitchell aren't the best, so I posted the one of him & me. The funniest thing that happened was when I wanted to get a picture of Mitchell by himself and I had Valerie's mom hold him up and then take her hand away so I could take a picture real quick before she had the "catch" him. As you can tell from the picture I got, it didn't work outt well and poor Mitchell took a face plant into the wood chips. Lucky for us, he only got two scratches on his face and he didn't cry at all! But there were about 20 other people who saw it happen and they all thought it was funny. I just felt like a horrible Mom, partly because I caused it, and partly because I thought it was funny.

2 comments:

.jessica jo. said...

awww, what a cutie pie!!! love all the pics....and too funny that he fell. the one of you two is awesome!! love it!

~Holly~ said...

Great photos!!