Friday, October 3, 2008

Life Lessons & the Park

I've learned a a few lessons in the past couple of days about being a Mom. One is that you may have to search four stores, and call one before you find the halloween costume you want for your child or your child wants. You may even have to wait in a long line just to see if your coupon will work past its expiration date if three of the Party City's do not have it in stock and never did while the coupon was available. (For the record, it does not. That's why Mitchell's is from Target.) Second, If you do not want your child to wear his Halloween costume all day, do not try it on to see if it fits in the morning. Third, it make take a 15-minute tantrum but your child will eventually eat the snack you want him to eat even though it wasn't what he wanted. And also for the record, watching an almost two-year-old have a tantrum while dressed as Batman is kind of funny. Actually I knew that one already, it was the Batman part I didn't know!

Mitchell at the park this morning:

This one is my favorite because when the turtles come up to the line to grab the bread that is on the ground they poke their heads up and study their surroundings. This particular turtle was looking at Mitchell like what the heck is that??!! It was funny. Too bad the picture didn't really show it.


In search of a damsel in distress.







BTW, this is my 100th post!! Yeah ME!

6 comments:

Cricket said...

What a cute Batman he is!! I was Batman for Halloween when I was 4 years old...Batman rocks!!

smiles,

.jessica jo. said...

awwww too adorable!

La- said...

too adorable!!

Cathy said...

He is as cute as they get!!!


Woooo Hooooo for BATMAN!!

monica.coffman said...

How cute! I love that you took him to the park as Batman...so very precious!

Laura said...

My youngest entered his batman phase at two also. i bought his costume, thinking it was crazy expensive($25)...he wore it everyday, I'm not exaggerating, for that whole year until the new costumes came out! He was batman for 3 years and then Batman beyond for 1. Shortly before his 5th birthdayy he stopped answering to anything but Bruce, as in wayne! On his birthday cake that year it said Happy birthday Bruce! So seeing yours in his costume at the park cracks me up and makes me smile! He is only young once! Now my youngest is 12 and he still likes batman, not as much, but he is wearing a Batman shirt today!