Tuesday, June 21, 2011

11 Months

I can't believe my baby is almost a year old!!

Official Shrinking Bunny Picture:

I think this has to be one of my favorite ones because it looks like the bunny is telling her a really good secret.

Laura at 11 months:

  • Is getting pretty good at using a sippy cup. She does not like the straw ones though.
  • She used to love puffs, but now really won't eat them and only wants what's on your plate or bread. Another Carb lover. :)
  • She's up and down on waking up. Sometimes I'm lucky and she sleeps until 6:30. Other days I have to convince myself to get up at 5:30 when she gets up. Good thing she can't climb out of her crib.
  • She's definitely learned that if she squeals her mad squeal when Mitchell is near her we'll tell Mitchell to stop even though he's done nothing. We've been doing our best to stop this.
  • She's into EVERYTHING. She really is my little explorer. We've had to basically confine her to two rooms of the house. Although she's good at climbing the stairs if you're going up right behind her.
  • Silly girl has a perfectly good walker she loves to play with, but prefers to use the kitchen chairs as a walker instead. She will stand and walk around the furniture, but if you try to get her to stand in the middle of the room and walk, she'll lift her legs.
  • Bathtimes are not fun for Mommy as she likes to stand and grab whatever she can. This means any and all toys either need to be in the tub with her or out of her sight. The same with washcloths and shampoos. The one thing we cannot move is the spout and hot/cold water handles. I don't know how many times I've been sure she'd hit her head on the spout and putting a rubber duck on it will only encourage the madness.
  • She still gives you great grins in the morning and loves to sleep with her stuffed Molly. Poor Stuffed Molly has already been through the ringer, but we're thinking it's her George Pillow. The Real Molly is just happy it keeps Laura from petting (aka pulling her hair) her.
  • She likes to talk and says "dadadadada","mamamama", "yayayayaya", and "uh oh!"
  • She loves playing with Little People and the Little People blocks that were Mitchell's. She does get frustrated though when they won't go together. A bit like Mommy in that respect.



  • Other Bunny pics:



This time she realized she can make the recliner rock. That was fun and kind of stressed Daddy out.




4 comments:

Vanessa Johnson said...

She's getting so big Abby! Can't believe she's almost a year already! Wow! What a cutie!!

Kelly B Rutherford said...

That is awesome and boy is she a cutie!!! Have fun with her because they grow up tooooo fast!

Jessica said...

She's so cute! I can't believe she's almost a year old, wow!

Jamie Fox said...

Gosh she's so big!!! I can't believe it's been almost a year already!