Thursday, February 11, 2010

SNOW DAY!

In case you haven't heard it snowed ALL DAY in Texas today! I woke up this morning to snow and it's STILL snowing at 6:00 tonight! Mitchell wasn't sure at first if he wanted to go out in the snow, but once the boys across the street came out to play in their yards, it was a mad dash to find all of the snow items Mitchell needed.

The day was filled with fun including Mitchell's first snowball fight, races between
Lightning McQueen and a mini 4-wheeler, eating snow, making & eating snow ice cream, building a snowman & tackling it, tackling daddy, "flying", building an igloo/tunnel and finished off by another batch of Snow ice cream this time with Daddy.

This morning while eating breakfast.
Mitchell trying out his capeSNOWBALL FIGHT!! My favorite picture I took of the park near our house.
Mitchell REALLY liked eating the snow. I had to make a rule: you can eat the snow that is on top of the grass, but you cannot eat the snow on the roads or driveways.
Racing Michael. He won. Lightning McQueen was kind of slow.
Look Daddy! I'm flying!

Snow all together to make Snow Ice Cream!He loved it!Mitchell tackling Daddy.
The amount of snow in our backyard at 5:30. The official snowfall amount at DFW airport was over 7 inches! Mitchell helping Daddy make an igloo/tunnel. He liked this BIG piece!
Another BIG piece!
Molly helped Daddy turn the igloo into a tunnel.Molly LOVED the tunnel. Mitchell did not.Matthew tried to show Mitchell how much fun it was and got stuck. You can see his head out the front and his shoes in the back!
Pregnant Mommy. 16 weeks, 1 day. And yes I had on a jacket and sweatshirt earlier, but I didn't look pregnant. I looked fat, so I took them off for the picture and then quickly ran into the house.