Mitchell had a movie morning while I finished up laundry and then we made a strawberry cake together. I found a great recipe and wanted to try it out. Mitchell has refused to eat it because it isn't chocolate. I have found out I really don't like it that much, so we have an almost full strawberry cake for anyone who is daredevil enough to brave the streets of my neighborhood to come get it. Have I mentioned today was an Ice Day? That my driveway is almost one solid sheet of ice? And the roads aren't much better?
So the cake bombed, but Mitchell and I had fun playing with Legos afterwards. Actually he played Rock Monster with his legos while I built a jail for Gorilla Grodd. I'm rather proud of my Lego brick laying skills. Mitchell was very proud of me also.
After a nap for Mr. Mitchell and while Miss Laura was just about up, we went outside for some sledding on that solid sheet of ice we call the driveway. Our sled was an old Rubbermaid container. Gotta love the Texas version of a sled. Mitchell had a blast, but after about ten minutes or so was ready to come in. After all, the windchill was somewhere around 5 degrees and we do live in Texas, so Mitchell was NOT use to this weather at all.

No comments:
Post a Comment