Friday, February 4, 2011

Ice Day #4- SNOW!

Today was Ice Day #4 and it actually SNOWED!! YEAH!! Because if I was stuck in the house because of ice one more day I may go crazy. I love the fact that our neighborhood is somewhat secluded, but that also meant that I don't have any friends nearby that I could really get to or could get to me. And by the end of Ice Day #2 I had run out of ideas for Ice Day #3.

Scanning friends statuses on FB I came across the idea of a fort, so I made a fort in the playroom using our kitchen chairs, tape, and our good sheet. Actually Matthew made it after a meltdown of mine because I tried to make it REAL big and tape part of it to the ceiling ala circus tent and failed quite miserably. But after it was done Mitchell, Laura & I sat under it and read some books.

A Sweet Video of Mitchell "reading" a book to Laura:


Some other pictures from the day:

Mitchell driving McQueen out in the snow. Later he purposely put it in the ditch because it was going to be funny.
A sweet picture of Matthew trying to get Laura to smile inbetween pictures. He sure does love his little girl.I made a pretty good Snow Angel I think. I was a little afraid to just drop back since I could've landed on ice, so Matthew said I was a wimp. I didn't see him make a snow angel though!Molly loved running in the snow. It kind of surprised me because she's never really been this gung-ho about snow before. But after awhile she'd start favoring her back right leg, so I bet she's got some arthritis setting in there because once we'd go inside she'd be okay. Poor thing. Hard to believe she'll be 11 this month. Mitchell wanted to spend Quiet Hour in the fort and it took about 20 minutes of convincing him that he needed to stay IN the sleeping bag, but that playing with his toys was okay if he stayed in it. I first found him completely covered in the sleeping bag so that he was just a brown lump. I don't blame him, it was COLD in that room. But he slept for about 2 hours!

No comments: